Monday, August 31, 2015

August 31, 2015


I found out on Saturday night that I'm getting transferred. I have a lot of mixed emotions about it, I'm trying to trust that wherever I go is where the Lord needs me to be. Transfers are on Wednesday. It was hard to say goodbye to a lot of the members on Sunday. But I do feel like it's my time to move on :) When they found out I was leaving, they asked me to speak in sacrament meeting. Like 10 minutes before haha. But the members here are so sweet. I'll miss everyone here a lot, especially Sister Rhodes, but hopefully there are some new adventures in store for me wherever I may go :)

Hurricane Erica was supposed to come through here, so that was fun to hear from random people. But now I think it'll just be lots of rain. Which is not too new :) It's been raining a lot the past few days. One day we were a few miles away from home and we were walking and a really bad storm was blowing in. A random lady offered to give us a ride, she saved our lives. That happens a lot actually, I never would've thought that I'd accept rides from random strangers. But on a mission you do a lot of things that you never thought you'd do and it turns out alright :)

We've also met some very interesting people this week, as usual :) We met one that was exactly like Mama Odie on Princess and the Frog haha. She was sweet, we couldn't understand her very well because she had no teeth (I'm coming to realize what a rare commodity teeth are), but she kept telling us how we she could see the image of God in us, and how she could tell we were Christian by our smiles haha. And we met another lady who came out of her back yard. She emerged from the bushes with her hammer and her eyes that look in different directions and I thought our lives were over.


We saw a huge miracle yesterday with a less-active Sister Rudd and I taught once over 6 months ago. He hadn't been to church in about 10 years I think, and he wasn't really reading the Book of Mormon at all. We invited him to read it daily and he said he wasn't making any promises. Yesterday he came to church! After sacrament meeting he came up to me and said he was halfway through the Book of Mormon for the second time. He told me that we never know what seeds we plant. I think I really need to hear that as I leave my beloved Lake Wales and journey into the unknown :)

No comments:

Post a Comment