Monday, August 24, 2015

August 24, 2015


I'd say this week has been pretty good. L GOT BAPTIZED! It was beautiful :) She was so happy. We had a few minutes for people to bear their testimonies and Lorraine said "May I say something?" and she talked about how grateful she is to be a part of this church and how everything she's learned has been such a blessing to her. She's amazing. 


I'm so grateful that God allowed me to have the opportunity to teach her. She told us how much closer she's felt to God ever since she met us. I am so so glad we talked to her that day by the lake. We just invited her to a 4th of July party the ward was having. She didn't even show up to the party. But we ran into her again a few weeks later. Definitely meant to be :) It has been so incredible to see her faith grow and to see the effect of the Atonement in her life.

Sister Rhodes said "this is my fried chicken face" :)

Transfers are next week, and I've been here for over 7 months now, the same amount of time I served in Tampa. So I'm pretty nervous about getting transferred. I love Sister Rhodes and I love all the people here. But I'm trying to have faith that the Lord will send me wherever I need to be, so we'll see!



We had a really great zone conference this week and we talked about the need to constantly make course corrections in life. President Cusick talked about a tennis coach that his daughter had, who would make her start all over every time she made a mistake. He said it seemed ridiculous and was grueling to watch, but now his daughter is like the best tennis player in Utah. The coach said he would never let anyone practice anything wrong. I thought that was a great lesson. 


This life is definitely all about change and becoming better, so why not change the moment we realize we've messed up? I am so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ and for the chance all of us have to change and correct our courses every day.




No comments:

Post a Comment