Tuesday, September 8, 2015

September 8, 2015

Sisters Coleman & Foderaro
 First of all, sorry I didn't email yesterday. All the libraries were closed for Labor Day, so we're emailing today instead. But we were actually both sick anyway, so it worked out.

But anyway, my new area is Riverview! It's right outside of Brandon, and it's much busier than Lake Wales haha. I like it a lot, the members here are amazing!  And my companion is Sister Foderaro, who I actually came out with! She was in my district in the MTC and we also roomed together, so I know her very well. She's an awesome missionary, and we're having a blast :)

Transfer


I'm back to a district full of elders, so that's always fun haha. In my last district there slowly became more sisters, so maybe that will happen here too :) Not that elders aren't great, it just gets a little lonely sometimes :)

We're teaching a really awesome family named the W. Buuuut, they only speak Spanish. So we have to have members translate for all of our lessons. Why yes, W isn't the most Hispanic sounding name. The dad, H, is actually of Chinese descent. But all their lives they've lived in Peru. Lots of complicated things going on with that. But basically, they're awesome.

I see her green luggage in the trunk.
I'm wondering how she fit everything in. -Mom

On Thursday the young women were supposed to have a 5K and so we were going to run with them. But like good ol' Florida loves to do, it rained :( So they basically just ended up having a big party instead and we were in our running clothes. I can't even tell you how strange it was to wear pants. I never want to do that again. Ever. :) And I see why we wear skirts now, everyone kept thinking we were young women.

Cool experience: There's a woman in this ward that knows my grandma (Mom's mom)! When I introduced myself she asked me who my grandma was. She was soo happy; she hugged me and took a selfie with me :) Apparently they used to be in the same ward in Arizona and my grandma had a pretty big impact on her :) She has been trying to track me down my whole mission and now I finally came to her! It's really neat to see how the Lord truly is aware of all of us. I know that I'm supposed to be here, even if it was only for that :)

Sisters Lacott & Coleman
This is Grandma's friend.
Funny experience: An 18-year-old recent convert told us that for the longest time he thought the bishop's name was Rick. Everyone would always say "We're going to talk to the bishopric" and so he thought they were saying "Bishop Rick." Haha it was awesome. I finally realize that there are soo many things that we take for granted growing up in the church, sometimes it's nice to see things from a fresher perspective :)


But life is good! The gospel is true no matter where you go :) I love this gospel so much, and I love all you people :) I hope you have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment