Monday, November 9, 2015

November 9, 2015


The other day we were knocking on someone's door and we saw a huge bird fly out of a tree above us. We thought maybe it was a hawk or a falcon, that happens pretty frequently. Nope. Peacock. For some reason in Florida, there are just peacocks running around. And apparently flying around! It's strange enough to me that they're just roaming the streets, but I didn't know they could fly. Birds can fly, go figure.

"Chasing the peacock"


This has been a crazy week, but overall really good! We set a date with a member's granddaughter, she's a really sweet kid. We don't know yet if her parents will let her get baptized though.

"I figured maybe if I acted like one of them it wouldn't run away.
For some reason it didn't work very well :)"


P.W.  also told us last Monday that she wants to be baptized and she's done waiting for her family. There are some complications there that we're trying to work out. That poor family has been through so much, and they are the kindest people ever. It's hard to have to just sit by and watch. But I know that the gospel will help them so much. She's basically willing to do whatever it takes to be baptized, so I know it will work out. Maybe not when and how we want it to, but it will :)


Ponderize scripture: 

For behold, it is not meet that I should command in all things; for he that is compelled in all things, the same is a slothful and not a wise servant; wherefore he receiveth no reward. Verily I say, men should be anxiously engaged in a good cause, and do many things of their own free will, and bring to pass much righteousness. -D&C 58:26-27

 I like this one a lot. I definitely don't want to be a slothful and unwise servant, so I've gotta step up my game! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment