Monday, November 16, 2015

November 16, 2015

"YAY, snakes"

Something amazing happened this week: It's finally cooled down! It's so wonderful! I never thought it would come, but it finally did. It's been in the 70's. I don't think it's been this cool since February, it has really been a blessing. I was so done with the heat. Obviously. I know it's probably snowing where you're at, but here 70 is really amazing haha. I remember why people actually choose to live in Florida.

I got a surprise opportunity to speak in church yesterday, that was fun :) There are 2 sets of missionaries in the ward, but they only asked me to speak, right before sacrament meeting started. Several people asked me if I was getting transferred, because that's when they usually seem to have missionaries speak. I'm grateful that I'm not getting transferred! Well, yet. Transfers are next week. I'm really hoping that we both stay for our last transfer. Only 7 more weeks... how did this happen.

On Saturday we had a particularly hard day. Absolutely nobody would even talk to us. Except for 2 people who tried to convince us to join their churches. One man was wearing a cross necklace and Sister Foderaro said "I see that you're Christian!" and he said "I see that you're not." As you can imagine, it didn't go too well. I was feeling discouraged that we hadn't been able to even pray with a single person that day. We came home from dinner and I saw that I had gotten a letter from Lorraine, a lady that I taught in Lake Wales. She told me that she was going to go to the temple to be baptized for both of her grandmothers. She is so strong in the gospel, and it was a great reminder of why I'm doing this. I don't care if a thousand people say no to us and tell us we're not Christian (that's probably already happened to us actually haha). It is entirely worth it for the few people that say yes. 

Our sister training leaders came on a surprise exchange with us last night. It turned out really fun! We both taught a ton of lessons in just a few hours. It helped me to have more faith in what we can accomplish.

My ponderize scripture this week is Hebrews 12:1-2:
Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.


Ah, I love that one. I love the analogy of life being a race. Probably because I HATE running. :) But life is hard! And we can't just be passive and go along with whatever. We can't walk or jog. We have to run, or we won't win. And it doesn't make sense to carry extra baggage with us. And not only do we have to run, we have to run patiently. That sounds really hard. But, thank goodness, if we look to Christ, it's possible, and we can make it. Don't give up! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment