Monday, November 23, 2015

November 23, 2015

We were surprised by these photos via text
from a member in Jordan's area.  They
are helping put together Thanksgiving baskets.

First off, transfer news: Sister Foderaro and I are both staying! Which means we'll both be here for our last transfer! It was kind of a surprise because usually they don't have have missionaries go home together. But we're really happy! I'm very relieved to know that I'll never be transferred again. I love this area and I'm really glad to spend the rest of my time here!


This week was a really good one. We taught a lot more lessons than we usually do. We're both trying to work as hard as we can because we're realizing the end is near! Ah!

Some… interesting moments:
This week I thought I was going to meet my demise. It was going to be the Jehovah's Witness lady, in the front yard, with the butcher knife. Now don't get me wrong, most of the JW's we meet are very lovely people. And this lady was too. But she was standing in her yard with a butcher knife and slowly walked over to us. It was insanely creepy. I think she was just gardening… But she was a very nice lady who I guess just likes to garden with a very large knife. No judgement.
And a bird pooped on me. A pet bird. A little girl gave it to me to hold and it relieved itself all over my shirt. And I had to go around like that for the rest of the night.

There's this hilarious couple in our ward who recently found out that she's pregnant. We were the first ones that they told, before their family or anything. The wife is a member and the husband is not. But they told us that whether it's a boy or girl, the baby is going to be named Jordan Alissa (Sister Foderaro's first name) Martinez :) Lucky kid :)

We were able to set a baptismal date with S (the girl whose bird pooped on me). And we taught this really amazing lady who was a referral from a member of another ward. She's been through a lot of hard things, including cancer and losing both of her parents within a few months of each other. We taught her the Plan of Salvation and as I was testifying to her I very strongly felt the Spirit confirm that what I was saying was true. I love those moments. The Spirit is so amazing. Hopefully she felt it too.

We're having a hard time meeting with people this week because everyone's out of town for Thanksgiving. But we're going to have Thanksgiving with some members. Only one Thanksgiving dinner this year, last year we had 2 and that was wayyy too much food. We had some really good talks on Sunday about gratitude. I am amazed by people who are able to be grateful despite really difficult circumstances. I love this time of year when the more stubborn among us are almost forced to remember all the blessings the Lord has given us :) And oh boy, are there a lot of blessings.

Thanksgiving basket service project.


Have a fantastic Thanksgiving everyone!! 

Now, seeing that I know these things, why should I desire more than to perform the work to which I have been called? -Alma 29:6

No comments:

Post a Comment