Monday, September 28, 2015

September 28, 2015


Whew! Time is flying! Sister Foderaro and I hit our 15 month mark this week. Only 3 to go!! I may only be 20, but I am definitely already seeing how the further you get into life, the faster it goes. Scary!

There was a triple 8-year-old baptism yesterday, just for 3 kids who happened to have turned 8 recently in the ward. I felt like I was in Utah :) I love baptisms, it was so sweet. I got to conduct the music and it was cool to see how many people came! The chapel was pretty much full. And it's the stake center, so it's a big chapel. Our investigator P came to see. She's doing awesome! She told us at the baptism that she went to her church and told them that she was moving on. She broke up with them, she must be pretty serious! She loooved that church. Of course it's sad too that she had to leave them, but she's recognizing that there's so much more.

We met this really neat lady this week who was having a hard time and told us that she knew God sent us. She has been wanting to find a new church and going through a lot of hard things. I love being sent to those who need us. Well they don't need us of course, they need the gospel. I feel so fortunate to be able to give them that at precisely the moment they need it. God's timing is perfect.

"More shenanigans"

Okay, disclaimer, this has nothing to do with anything. But we were pretty excited about it so I have to share. As a missionary you really have to appreciate the simple joys in life :) So anyway, the new iOS update is awesome (in case you didn't know, we have iPads). You can change the race of the emojis now! Most exciting part of my week.  Like I said, the simple joys :)

Kid moments:
A little girl who I've never seen before came up to me and asked if I was a sister missionary. I said yes and she said YAYY! and gave me a big hug. Haha I love being a missionary.
And a little boy who's normally really rowdy and hyper just came up to me and held my hand, I was honored :) I could hear all these ladies saying in Spanish "ooooh, look, he's holding the Sister's hand!" :)

And for all you ladies out there: Wasn't the Women's Broadcast amazing??? I loved it so much. Especially Uchtdorf's talk. He's the best :) I'm so excited for Conference this weekend!! I am so grateful for modern-day prophets. We have a living Moses on the earth right now! How cool is that? :) I love this gospel so much. I'm very thankful to get to share it with everyone I can :)


Sorry, as usual, for the random craziness. I hope you can make sense of it :) Have a great week everybody!!

"Our ward mission leader sang the song to Sister Foderaro 
about nobody likes me, everybody hates me, I'm gonna go eat worms, 
so she did."


No comments:

Post a Comment