Monday, September 21, 2015

September 21, 2015

This week has been A LOT better than last week. Hallelujah. The weather even cooled off for a few days. But now it's back to hot again. I can't wait for it to actually get cool. And General Conference is coming up, I'm so excited for that!!

Sisters Coleman & Foderaro
 The mission president and his wife from the North Carolina Raleigh Mission came home a few weeks ago and are in my ward here! So that's pretty awesome :) The members of this ward are so great. I seriously love this area. My last areas were kind of ghetto but this one is soo fancy. That also means that people tend to be less receptive, but we've still been meeting some pretty nice people.

The W are doing great, they're coming to church every week. H, the dad, even drives the oldest son to seminary every morning. They're so funny, in our last lesson H said "I don't know which is harder to learn, the gospel or English." We still have to have a translator for every lesson, they each only know a handful of words in English, the parents especially. But they're awesome, thank goodness everyone can understand the language of the Spirit.

"The other girls are a family from the ward.  We went to their
house to take gospel-related picture for them to post on Facebook."

We have this awesome investigator named P who we met a few weeks ago. At first she wasn't very interested, and told us she usually avoided Mormons like the plague. But the 3rd time we came back she had a lot of great questions and was so excited that we were teaching her all these new things she had never heard before. At first she was skeptical of everything we said, it was like an overnight change. I told her she was welcome at church if she ever wanted to come, but then felt like I needed to push more. I asked her if she would come this Sunday and she said "No, I need to go to my church." But she paused for a minute and then said "You know what? Yeah. I'll come." And she did! The ward was very welcoming to her, which makes a big difference. She said she enjoyed it a lot. At the end of church she was like "Nobody hugs here, are you allowed to hug?" And we said of course! And she gave us both a big hug :)

Scariest moment of the week: We saw the biggest frog. Ever. It was probably a toad actually. Now they have some freaky wildlife here in Florida, and I thought I had seen some big frogs. But I was wrong. This was like the size of a cantaloupe. We were knocking on someone's door and we saw something hopping on a bench on their porch. Sister Foderaro and I both thought it was a bunny at first. But when we realized what it was we were both like "Nope nope nope, I'm done!" I booked it out of there. As Sister Foderaro was coming to follow me, a cat, who was also on their porch, scratched her. She HATES animals. The rest of the night we were like "did we really just see that?" Needless to say, it was a very emotionally scarring experience for both of us.

"Girls kept wanting to take selfies.  haha"

Some funny child moments:
#1. We were having a serious meeting with our ward mission leader and his son came in. He let him stay if he promised to be quiet. A few minutes later, we noticed that his son was was staring at his foot, looking horrified. He simply said "My toenail is SO big."
#2. We were teaching a less-active family and their 8-year-old said "If God were here right now, He would tell you what good missionaries you are." Just out of nowhere. We were like aww, thank you! And she said "What? You are."


So yep, I think that pretty much sums up my life right now. Things are going great, I love being a missionary, I love teaching people about Christ :) It's probably the hardest, but also the most rewarding thing I've ever done. I love love love it :) Okay I think that's enough love for now. Have a great week everybody!!

No comments:

Post a Comment