Monday, January 26, 2015

January 26, 2015

The missionaries serving in their ward.
The senior couple just got transferred out.
They will be missed.
First, about the title of this email: don't worry, it was just a nerf gun :) We went to a family's house for lunch and the husband pulled out his nerf gun and his wife was screaming at him not to shoot the Sisters, but he did anyway... Yup, we got attacked by a grown man with a nerf gun. Good times.

As I mentioned last Monday, we went to the zoo with a family in our ward and it was super fun! The zoo here is really great, I guess since it's Florida and the weather is almost always nice, all the animals are outside and you can get really close to all of them, and there's some that you can even touch. The kids that we were with loved it, it was super cute. And we got to leave our area, so that's always exciting :)

K. and J. are finally back from North Carolina!! We're pretty happy about that, we missed them so much. J. said K. was talking about how she missed us the whole trip. We were making a lot of progress with them and then they just left for like a month! We knew they got back this week, but they weren't at church on Sunday and we were really sad, But they came at the very end of sacrament meeting and we were so happy! We're glad to have someone to teach again haha. 

Things are still pretty crazy with L. so he hasn't been able to meet for awhile. And we have one new investigator, E., who is really into her church, and just likes learning about Christ from anyone. She's also meeting with the Jehovah's Witnesses. 

Transfers are coming up again, I think we get the email this week! Ahh! Also, I've been here for 7 months now! The time is flying! People are telling me they're sad that I'm going to get transferred soon and I'm like hey, don't say that! Also, Sister Vanderhoff is having what she has labeled a mid-life crisis, because she's over halfway done now. Also, she's about to turn 20 so she freaks out a lot that she's getting so old :) It's pretty funny, but also understandable, I still don't even feel like I'm an adult, I don't know how I'm going to handle 20.

Sidenote (okay like half of my emails are probably sidenotes, I don't know what the actual "note" is, but oh well): this man just came in the room where we're emailing and said "Are you the Mormon girls?" We told him we were and he was like "Good luck with that" and then he left. Hahaha what?

Also, there's a lady in our ward who had us do yardwork for their non-member neighbors a couple months back. And yesterday she told us that their neighbors had been talking about becoming Mormon! Um, what? So yeah, we'll have to investigate that this week :)


There's a scripture that I discovered this week about sharing the gospel that I really like. It's Romans 10:14, it says "How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?" It just really struck me, for the millionth time, what a responsibility we had to share the gospel. That there are people out there who would believe if they could, but they just don't know. And we have to tell them. If we don't, who will? I'm so grateful for this gospel, I know that it's true. I know that our church is truly Christ's church restored on the earth, and I'm so grateful to be able to share that beautiful message :)

No comments:

Post a Comment