Monday, July 13, 2015

July 13, 2015



Not too much to report since Thursday. Things are still goin well :) This is Sister Rudd's last week! I'll drop her off next Monday, pretty crazy. We're actually in a different city called Winter Haven right now (Legoland is here, so that's pretty exciting) sending her bike home. They have the only Chick-fil-A I've seen in months here, so of course we had to go there :) So yeah, I'm pretty happy :)

We continue to meet lots of really interesting people. We met a Palestinian lady from Jerusalem who told us about a movie she had seen about the Civil War and how weird she thought it was. Her words sum up our conversation with her very well: "What are you talking about mister??"

People still ask me if I speak Spanish, same old. A few weeks ago a creepy older fellow told me that I remind him of his ex-wife. And yesterday a man told me I look like his next wife... Yeah. Thankfully Sister Rudd stood up for me and said "Uhh I don't think so" :) So yeah, there are definitely all sorts of people here haha.

And to close, an awesome scripture I found this week: Doctrine and Covenants 67:10 - And again, verily I say unto you that it is your privilege, and a promise‍ I give unto you that have been ordained unto this ministry, that inasmuch as you strip‍ yourselves from jealousies‍ and fears, and humble‍ yourselves before me, for ye are not sufficiently humble, the veil‍ shall be rent and you shall see‍ me and know that I am—not with the carnal neither natural mind, but with the spiritual.


I have definitely seen that if we don't humble ourselves, God will help us be humble, and that's not too pleasant :) And I love how it says that if we strip ourselves of jealousy and fear and humble ourselves, that we will see Him and know He is there.

No comments:

Post a Comment