Monday, July 20, 2015

July 20, 2015

Whew, where to begin. Sister Rudd went home, that's a good place to start. We dropped her off this morning. It's so weird that she's gone! So right now I'm in a city called Lakeland in a tripanionship with Sister Takaki and Sister Torres. It's been pretty fun so far, I've known both of them for awhile and they're great sisters :) I'll be with them until transfers on Wednesday when I'll get my new companion and go back to Lake Wales. (And yes, there are a lot of lakes in Florida, and they like to name towns after them.) This city is a LOT bigger than Lake Wales, so that's refreshing :) And that's really the only big thing that's happened :)

Church on Sunday was really good though. We've been finding some people who seem more committed (hopefully), and we had 2 investigators come to church for the first time on Sunday. One of them is named L and she is the sweetest. When she found out Sister Rudd was leaving she told me "Sister Coleman, if you ever need anyone to go on a walk with or anything, give me a call!" She doesn't really understand the whole missionary thing yet :)

One of my favorite moments of the week: We were teaching J and his family. We had driven there and left our car in front of their house to go walk somewhere nearby. We were pretty far down the street when we heard J yell "Wait!! You forgot your car!" It was great :)

Sister Rudd leaving has definitely made me realize more than ever how short our time as full-time missionaries is. I only have 4 more transfers until I'll be the one going home... so weird. But I'm so grateful for this short time I have. I have truly seen how much happier I am as I strive to forget myself and help others. I am constantly amazed at how much God loves all His children. I feel so blessed to assist, even in the very smallest way, in His work. It has changed my life. I know that this is the Lord's work, because there is no way I could do this on my own :)

No comments:

Post a Comment