Monday, December 29, 2014

HAPPY (Almost) 2015!

Making gingerbread cookies. 


I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas! :) Ours was really great! I was kind of sick, but thankfully I'm feeling better now. We went to some members' homes to eat and open presents. The members here are so kind, they gave us so many presents! And FOOD! We were wayy stuffed, we ended up having 2 dinners. It was like Thanksgiving all over again. And I got to Skype my family!! That was definitely the best part :) 

I love this season of giving and remembering the ultimate Gift. I'm sad that it's almost over, but excited for the new year to begin! It's weird to think that this time next year, I'll be home. But I try not to think about that too much :)

The rest of our week hasn't been super eventful, everyone is out of town for Christmas. But we found out that our mission is doing a trial run of letting us do member dinners again. They picked like 6 wards out of the whole mission to try it with, and ours is one of them! So hopefully that's a good thing, we're excited :) There's going to be a lot of changes in our mission for the New Year, hopefully it'll be really good!

One of the new things is they've been having us study entirely out of Preach My Gospel, and nothing else. I was honestly not too excited about that at first, I love reading the scriptures and General Conference talks and everything. But I actually like it a lot. It's truly such an inspired book, and we still get to read out of the scriptures plenty because of all of the references in it. I've learned so much more from it than I ever thought I would. So of course, I have to end with a quote from Preach My Gospel :)

“There is neither man or woman in this Church who is not on a mission. That mission will last as long as they live, and it is to do good, to promote righteousness, to teach the principles of truth, and to prevail upon themselves and everybody around them to live those principles that they may obtain eternal life.” -Brigham Young.

I'm so grateful for the knowledge of this gospel, and for the wonderful opportunity to share it; to have my purpose be His purpose. And I'm grateful for the 15,082,028 members of the church out there that are all on the same team, to bring Heavenly Father's children back to Him :)

Have a Happy New Year everyone!!


No comments:

Post a Comment