Monday, October 12, 2015

October 12, 2015

"This is us being super excited because
it was actually kind of cool outside!"

Well, another transfer is over. That makes for, I think, 11 down and 2 to go! Yikes! But Sister Foderaro and I are both staying so we're really excited about that! That means we'll most likely both die here (Sorry, that means go home (: ). But we're not sure how that will work because missionaries aren't supposed to drive the last month of their mission, soo we'll see what happens! Haha maybe full bike.

Speaking of bikes, this week I fell, head over heels.... off my bike. There was a really steep hill with a sharp turn at the bottom and I didn't slow down enough (oops). One second I was just biking along having a grand old time and the next thing I knew I was just standing there with my bike laying on the ground going "What just happened?" Sister Foderaro biked up behind me and said "Woah!!! That was the best fall I've ever seen!!" Apparently there was a summersault involved and I didn't even flash anybody. Yay! I'm quite pleased with my talent at falling. I've got some nice bruises to show for it but other than that I am a-okay :)

The weather has been getting cooler little by little, so that's been happy :) It's still in the 80s and 90s most days, but it gone down to 72 last week! It was the best! I am so ready for it to cool down :)

"Our lovely district of all elders."
We had a really neat lesson with P where we talked about the Spirit and she recognized that she felt it at General Conference. We keep thinking we've made progress with her but then she says that she still wants to try other churches. It's frustrating. But she keeps saying that and hasn't tried any other churches yet, so we'll see. Also, P is hilarious. In one lesson she was talking about committing adultery and she said "Well, there is this one guy... I don't exactly lust after him. But if I saw him, I would hug him REAL good. And that guy is Guy Penrod." And in case you don't know about Guy Penrod, he is old and bearded :) It was so funny, she cracks us up.

We had 9 investigators come to sacrament meeting this week, so that was pretty exciting. And slightly stressful.

A couple of weeks ago we got to go into a youth Sunday school class and pretend to be their friends. They had to teach us about For the Strength of the Youth. It was great to be an investigator for once :) And it made me very grateful that I am not 13 (no offense anybody).

I also thought I would share my ponderize scripture with y'all :) My one for this week is Alma 12:10- And therefore, he that will harden his heart, the same receiveth the lesser portion of the word; and he that will not harden his heart, to him is given the greater portion of the word, until it is given unto him to know the mysteries of God until he know them in full. 

This scripture really made me want to work harder on softening my heart so God can mold me into what He wants me to be. And I mean, who doesn't want to know the mysteries of God in full? :)


Have a spectacular week everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment