Monday, May 25, 2015

May 25, 2015

"We found another stray kitten :(
This one was so cute, it kept following us around.
We wanted to keep it so bad!"

Today is my 11 month mark! Crazy!! This is going by so fast.

Main event from this week that's on my mind right now, because it just happened: we accidentally locked ALL OUR STUFF in the clerk's office. Since it's Memorial Day (oh yeah, happy Memorial Day!), the library is closed, so we have to email at the church. This is so embarrassing because it's my fault and it's all because of Mexican food... But anyway, I had brought some food and put it in the microwave so we went to go get it and forgot that the clerk's office locks and shuts automatically. So all of our stuff was in there: keys, phone, everything. Thankfully there is a member that lives not too far away, so we walked down to their house and hallelujah! They had a key to the clerk's office.

So that's how much of our p-day was spent. But on the bright side, the Mexican food was really good :)

But we found some really awesome new investigators! We knocked on this guy named H's door and he said he'd come take a tour of the church the next day. So we showed up to the church, and there's this random guy standing in front of the church talking to the member we had invited. We were like who is this dude?? And somehow he had a Restoration pamphlet. Turns out, it was H's brother, F. And he's super awesome. We were able to set a baptismal date with him, and both brothers came to church on Sunday.

My funny little kid moment of the week: this little girl came up to me and gave me a hug and said "I missed you!" I said "You missed me? You've never met me before" and she was like oh... Haha it was so cute. 

The really crazy Florida storm season has started. We got caught in a pretty bad one the other day, that was pretty fun. We had to just go back to our apartment and the steps were like a giant waterfall. We were SOAKED. Fun stuff :)





Several people have dropped us this week, so that's been kinda sad. As I'm sure you all know, it's hard to deal with people's agency sometimes. But thankfully, the Lord continues to lead us to those who are searching. 

Mission life is good :)


****Jordan's mission president's wife posted zone conference photos on facebook.  So fun to see random shots of her.




No comments:

Post a Comment