Monday, May 11, 2015

May 11, 2015

Mother's Day phone call 2015

First of all, Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there!! I think the Church's It Was Mom video sums it up pretty well. If you haven't seen it, you should definitely watch it and share it, it's really cute. Thank you to my mom and my grandmas and all the other women who have had such a big influence on my life, I couldn't have made it this far without you :) I don't have the smallest idea of what motherhood is like, but I know it's not easy. So thank you :)  Without you we would be... well, literally nowhere, we would not exist haha.

As for me, we continue to see so many miracles. The Lord is so good. We had like 8 investigators at mutual on Wednesday and 7 at church. But they were almost all different people, we can't get very many to come consistently haha.

But J is going to be baptized on Saturday! He's made a lot of progress, he used to tell us half the times we went over there that he didn't even want to be baptized. But now he's reading the Book of Mormon every day and he's super excited. It's been neat to see the change in him. 

We had a meeting this week for all the sisters in the mission and that was really fun. I'm like one of the older sisters in the mission now and it's really weird... Sister Rudd is actually the oldest (not age-wise necessarily, just time she's been out). We talked about what it truly means to be successful. As long as you're doing your best to invite others to come unto Christ, you're successful, whether or not they accept it. Of course we all know that, but it was a good reminder. One of the leaders said that he was successful even though the cashier at Walmart wouldn't accept his pass-along card and President Cusick jokingly said he should've walked away and said "YES! I'm successful!!" So Sister Rudd and I do that now every time someone tells us no :) And it's pretty fun, we realized after awhile that it actually makes us feel successful haha, when they say yes we don't know what to do!

One of my favorite moments: one of our investigators has twin 3-year-old daughters who really like me for some reason, and one of them came up and held my hand and her older sister was like "Do you even know her?" and she said "Nope!" Gotta love kids :)

And I got to talk to my family yesterday for Mother's Day and it was the best :) I love my family and I'm so glad I get to be with those crazy people forever :) Yay for eternal families!

No comments:

Post a Comment