Monday, November 10, 2014

November 10, 2014

On Exchanges with
Sister Trainers


"Did you get my weekly email? I'm afraid I accidentally deleted it, I can't find it :(  And I'm out of time. I'm sorry, I don't know what happened! I didn't really have any good stuff to update you on. Just know that I had a good week and I'm doing really well and I'm happy :) Love you!"

As you can tell,  Jordan's update this week was deleted before she sent it.  I did get to "chat" with her via email, so I will try to summarize some of what she shared with me.

On Tuesday of last week, my maternal grandfather passed away.  Joran was quickly made aware of his passing and felt peace.  She shares a funny story from a member in the ward she is serving in:

"Sister Nelms saw about Grandpa Tom and Facebook, but she didn't know if I knew, so she was like have you looked on Facebook lately? Or talked to your mom? And I was no and she was like oh... And I told her that I knew though and she was like whew, okay, good! 

How are you doing with that? I'm sure you miss him but you seem okay. And how is Grandma Linda? I'm glad that you get to go out to Arizona and go to his funeral."

I asked her how she was doing and processing the death of Grandpa Tom.  Her reply:

"Yeah, I'm fine! I don't really have time to think about it, it still doesn't seem real. I feel like so many bad things are happening to everyone since I left on my mission! Well, good things too, like everyone is pregnant. I'm missing everything haha."

It appears that she had exchanges with the Sister Trainers this week, given the photo she sent.  I love seeing her smile and giant spirit, although petite stature.

No comments:

Post a Comment