Monday, October 20, 2014

October 20, 2014

This week the other sisters in our ward got transferred out, so it's just us now!! Our area pretty much doubled over night, it's crazy. I guess there just wasn't enough work for the both of us, and they had to do a lot of emergency transfers because some people went home :( So we might be moving into their old apartment, since it's much more central to the area. Ours is like at the very edge, which doesn't make a lot of sense. We don't want to move though, moving is such a pain. They're leaving it up to us to decide, which I don't think is a very wise decision :)
 
The Spanish ward in our stake had a Hispanic Festival this week, and it was probably the best thing ever. They had food and dances from all these different countries, and some members of our ward brought friends, it was awesome :) Some elders we know did a cowboy dance. THAT was probably the best thing ever :) They're both Hispanic, so it's pretty funny that they were representing America, one of them is from Mexico. And I don't think cowboys even accurately represent America, but I digress :)
 
We had exchanges again this week, this time on Sunday, which was pretty weird. I went to Tampa 1st Ward, which is the one in downtown Tampa, so that was pretty cool. It's an awesome ward, although everyone was a little confused why I was there, they all thought I was actually going to be serving there. Kinda weird for everyone, but it was good :)


 
I can't think of much else worthy of writing this week :) But that means less for you to read! We've been walking a lot because Sister Vanderhoff's bike has a flat tire and we don't have a lot of miles on our car. So yeah, that makes double the area kind of difficult :) Our car also has a leak in one of the tires; we have to put air in it like every day. We don't want to take it to the shop because we're afraid they'll keep it for a little while, and then I don't know how we're going to get around. But I'm doing really well, a little overwhelmed sometimes, but overall really good :) I love all the people that I get to meet and serve, and serve with. As always, the gospel is so awesome, and so true :) The end!

No comments:

Post a Comment